Indianapolis 500 100th Running
The Indianapolis 500 is a treasured icon. It's the great American auto race-a spectacle of speed, a proving ground for technological innovation, a symbol of human progress and the never-ending desire to achieve more. It has put the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana on the map. But it's more than just a race. It has become a part of the fabric of our local community, connecting generations of Hoosiers though a century of tradition and celebration.
In 2016, the Indy 500 reaches a major milestone with its 100th running on May 29. We've formed a 100th Running Host Committee to help us celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime occasion. The Host Committee is planning a number of initiatives that will unify residents, neighborhoods, and families around this historic moment for our city and state. We're seeking community volunteers to help make them a success.
Please join us in our efforts to honor this legendary Hoosier institution and the community to which it belongs. Below you'll find more information on how to register as a volunteer and how you can take part. Every May is memorable at the track, of course, but this year will stand above the rest as we ignite the community with pride around its iconic race-and we invite you to be a part of the action!
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Is this your first visit in 2016? You will need to follow these steps;
- Select "Volunteer Registration"
- Select your volunteer opportunities
- Create an account
- Complete your profile
- Already created an account? Go ahead and enter your email address and password to log in.
- The registration site is optimized to work with the most current web browser and your smart phone.
Once you register, please be sure to complete the entire process until you see a confirmation page. A confirmation email will be sent once you have completed your registration. If you do not receive these emails, contact us immediately here.
- Volunteers must by 16 years of age or older by the day of the event for which they are volunteering; however, an exception can be made for those participating as part of an organized and supervised group such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, sporting teams, etc.
- Those volunteers younger than 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian complete our Parental Permission Form.
- Dress Code: Volunteers are required to wear the provided volunteer t-shirt with khaki or black pants, shorts, or capris and comfortable shoes. (Dress code may vary for specific volunteer roles.)
- Only those volunteering will be allowed to partake in refreshments, snacks, and t-shirts.
- Children, family, friends, or pets are NOT allowed to accompany the volunteer during any of their volunteer shifts at any of our events. If a child wants to volunteer, he or she must be 16 years of age or older and registered as a volunteer. (See above)
- Code of Conduct: Treat everyone (visitors, participants, volunteers, and staff) with courtesy. Never discriminate for age, gender, or race. Remain calm and level-headed in all situations. If problems occur, please contact a staff member, your team leader, or a committee member. We are there to assist you.
- Shift Completion: Please be sure to complete your entire assigned shift. At the end of your shift, if you have not been relieved, please tell a supervisor and stay in your area until a replacement comes. If this is the final shift or only shift of the event, please check with your supervisor before leaving.
- Attendance: We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shift(s) are absolutely necessary. When you commit, you commit to the selected shift(s) and the entire shift time. If you do not show up for more than two of your scheduled events, and do not cancel in advance, we reserve the right to remove you from future volunteer assignments and activities.
- Shift Cancellation: All volunteers are able to manage their itinerary on this website including shift additions and changes/cancellations. Use your email address and password to login and return to your registration to make any changes.
- Weather: Our events are rain or shine, so please do not let rain stop you from coming - we still need you! For your comfort, dress according to the weather forecast!
- Placement: Please note, while we do our best to honor your first assignment choice we do reserve the right to reassign volunteers based on unexpected needs or changes in an event. Thank you in advance for your understanding and enthusiasm while volunteering!
***The information obtained on this site will only be used by the 100th Running Host Committee. We will not share, trade, sell, or give access to your personal information to any other organization without your expressed permission.***